When was the last time you had your eyes checked?
National guidelines recommend that adults should get their eyes tested every two years, whilst those under-16 and over-70 should book annual appointments. In addition to checking your prescription, our eye test in Stevenage monitors for many common eye diseases (including glaucoma, macular degeneration and cataracts), many of which can lead to serious deterioration of your vision or even blindness unless treated early.
We know how important your vision is to you, which is why we’re committed to providing our patients with one of the most comprehensive eye examinations in the area.
Our eye tests typically last around half an hour, and each one is specifically tailored to your individual requirements and concerns. It will begin with a general chat about your eyes, health, lifestyle and medical history before the examination begins.
It will then typically include:
• Binocular vision assessments to check how well your eyes work together
• Intra-ocular pressure measurement
• Determination of whether any optical correction is necessary using cutting-edge digital phoropters and test charts
• Detailed assessment of your eye health using a zoom slit lamp
• And a visual field analysis
These tests will give us enough information to assess your eyeglass prescription and to check for signs of any abnormalities or symptoms of common eye conditions, giving you absolute peace of mind about the state of your vision.