Tuesday June 9, 2020
I’m delighted to send you this update!
We now have members of the team at your service in the practice at GPC Opticians including Lesley and Chris Violaris the optometrst.
Following the guidance from NHS England, the Association of Optometrists, and the government we are now able to safely offer you essential eyecare.
That means we have our optometrists available each week from tomorrow, and these appointments are available for any clients who feel they need a change in prescription or require new glasses or prescription sunglasses.
At this point, the advice we’re following is that any routine eye exams (where you feel everything is fine and you’re unlikely to require an update to your glasses) should be arranged for July or later. But if you feel you need to update your glasses we can arrange an appointment for you from as early as next week.
We’re taking all the necessary precautions to keep you and the team safe during your visit to the practice including:
- Extended 1 hour appointment slots – so that you receive a relaxed, concierge style experience in a quiet and crowd-free environment. There will only be a maximum of two clients in the practice at the same time.
- Physical Distancing – The practice has plenty of space to allow us to maintain more than the recommended 2 metre’s distance. For any parts of the eye exam or eyewear styling consultation where the optometrist or dispensing optician needs to get closer, this time will be kept to a minimum and face masks will be worn. We are also using perspex screens in the eye exam and eyewear gallery for added protection and peace of mind.
- Cleaning and Sanitisation – We are following the highest standards of sanitisation throughout the practice including all surfaces being wiped down and disinfected between every appointment. All frames that you try on have been sanitised before you try them on. And we’re all following proper hand hygiene with hand washing and multiple hand sanitisation stations throughout the practice.
- Face Coverings – As I said in my last update, eyewear is the ultimate accessory for your face, but for the time being we are adding a face mask to the essential accessory list! We’ll provide you with a complimentary face mask when you arrive so you can wear it for any parts of the eye exam or styling consultation where we need to be closer than 2 metres.
- Individual Service – at GPC Opticians we pride ourselves on being able to tailor the experience to your requirements so if you have any concerns or needs just let us know when you are booking your appointment and we’ll be happy to find a solution for you!
As always, you can expect the same high standard of personal service, professional expertise, and incredible eyewear from your visit to GPC Opticians.
We’re looking forward to seeing you back in the practice!
Valentine Month: Reasons why Women in Stevenage like men in Glasses. 5 Reasons why women in Stevenage lik ..
Happy New Year! January is an important month to start the year on the right foot by looking after yourself ..
Save up to an incredible £370 on new Glasses! That’s right – the more you spend the more you save – ..